On the 1st of July New South Wales became the first Australian jurisdiction to enshrine Dial Before You Dig in law. The NSW Government has passed the Energy Legislation Amendment (Infrastructure Protection) Act 2009 which has changed the legal requirements for anyone excavating near gas and electricity networks in NSW.
- PDF Press Release - click here
- Part 5E Electricity Supply Act
- Part 11A Electricity Supply Act
- Part 5A Gas Supply Regulation
- NSW Workcover Authority's Work Near Underground Assets Guideline